March 16, 2010
Vile crap beneath the snow...
Yesterday was a beautiful day here, far better weather than is typical for this time of year - warm, sunny, what little snow we have left is quickly melting.
The ugly part of a beautiful spring is the boat load of fossilized crap that becomes visible as the snow melts. And yes, boys and girls, that is when we see the proof positive that people are pigs.
While I was walking Alfie yesterday afternoon, this is what we saw, in addition to the frequently appearing dog poop (scoop it, people) and fast food wrappers (there is a garbage can right there, what is so hard, people):
- cigarette butts
- a cigarette pack
- a half-used pack of chewing gum
- a blue leather belt
- a piece of a plastic DVD case (looked like a cartoon dinosaur)
- multiple Tim Horton's coffee cups
- four elastic bands
- a Safeway receipt
- a pumpkin carcass
- an empty Haagen Dazs container
- the plastic belt thing from a six-pack
- enough beer and pop cans to fill a six-pack
- a dark jacket
- a green bic lighter
- what looks like the partial remains of a bird
- a harmonica
- and some weird orange plastic tube thing. Not sure what that was, and pretty sure I don't want to know.
Pick up your crap, people, it is gross, and I am walking with a four-legged garburator who is awfully close to the ground, and I worry what he is going to drag back to this house I am trying to sell... Ick. Puke. Barf.